11 January 2011

MY 2011 LAUNDRY LIST

I chanced upon a very funny blog entry about being late. I couldn't stop laughing as I can hear my own voice in the author's narration. Here's an excerpt (from BM's Takbo, Talon, Tili, Hingal):

Lagi akong late. As in! Ewan ko ba kung kelan nagsimula yung habit ko na yun. Karamihan sa mga lakad namin ng barkada, late ako.

Nasa LRT na.
Malapit na.
Anjan na.
Trapik.
Me emergency lang.
I'm on my way.
Sorry di ako nagising.
Baha. Ang lakas ng ulan.
Nasiraan ang jeep/fx/van/bus/lrt.
Naligaw ako.

Super bagal ko lang talaga kumilos. Tamad na tamad akong bumangon. Pag gabi feel na feel ko magpuyat. Pag umaga naman ayoko halos kumilos. Yung mata ko parang may padlock kaloka! Heavy duty pa kamo. Kaya dapat ang alarm clock ko, nananapak.

Nung bata ako, pag late kami ng nanay ko sa klase, pagpasok ko pa lang sa klase bubungad na si Mrs. Manlapig ng "Hijo wag mo ng paalisin yung hatid mo, kasi 5 minutes na lang di na sha tagahatid, tagasundo na sha. Pumasok ka pa." At shempre, pasok din sa kin yung classic line na "Ang aga mo... para bukas." Pag naririnig ko yun nung bata ako eh nagtataka talaga ko. Maaga pa daw ako?

Just like the author, I am also a person who always gets late in most of my appointments. I also use the same alibis as his. I don't know when this habit started as well. But thinking about it sure reminded me of my pledged New year's resolution. Yes, before I went home for Christmas, I promised my boss that I will work on my tardiness.

Anyhoo, aside from BEING ON TIME ALL THE TIME, there are other things that I would like to pledge to accomplish this year. I even made a list of it.

Ahem, folks, let me present to you my TO-DO LIST FOR 2011.

-Be promoted.
-Purchase mama and papa a travel package.
-Do an art work.(charcoal, pastel, or watercolor)
-Learn Samba, Popping/Locking, or any other style of dance.
-Visit Boracay.
-Purchase an android phone.
-Go to at least two places in the country that I've never been to.
-Go outside the Philippines.
-Compete or do a major dance performance.
-Choreograph one dance.
-Eliminate tardiness in the office.
-Have a creative photoshoot.
-Do at least three volunteer works.
-Pay for Ma's and Pa's pension plan.
-Climb a mountain.
-Do an extreme sport.
-Learn a new skill (baking, movie editing, ...?)
-Get my DOST clearance.
-Learn how to drive.
-Secure a passport.
-Take an Actuarial exam.

Okay. So I know this is not the end of the roster. I might add other items as I go along. Also, from time to time, maybe twice a quarter or perhaps once a month, I will post updates of this list. Hopefully I'll be able to cross out a few in the first quarter.

By the way, I noticed that some of the items in the list require having huge moolah. So I guess that brings an implicit entry in the list that, to be honest, has been in my New Year's resolution year-on-year, id est...

Learn how to manage my money properly.

And with this, I say, 2011, here I come!!

2 comments:

NOX said...

"Pay for Ma's and Pa's pension plan"

awwww... sweet :)

LONEWULF said...

hehe thanks, nox! it's the least i could do for them

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger