09 February 2011

I RUN FOR LIFE

A couple of weeks ago I learned that my ex-officemate in Citi, BJ Borja, was diagnosed with leukemia. I don't know what stage he is in (are there stages in this illness?). All I know is that it is a type of cancer that has something to do with the amount of white blood cells in your body. Mrs. Tenchavez will kill me for forgetting her lessons. *grin* I am not sure but I think I remember that this illness is terminal. I hope I remember wrong. *frown*

Anyhow, I heard that he is confined currently in St. Luke's hospital, undergoing necessary chemotheraphy sessions. His weakening immune system allows no one to go near him, much less enter his room. It was that bad. Also, his medical bills are skyrocketing, way beyond his health cover.

And so with this, my ex-officemates (ex-teammates at Citi), initiated an event that would help him cover his expenses. It is a run at BGC called, I RUN FOR LIFE. I urge you all to please join the run. it will not just promote a healthy lifestyle, it will also let you help a brother in need. See poster below for details. If you are interested, please contact me at +639279747659.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger