01 November 2012

CHANGES AT HOME



Last time I went home to Tagum City, I noticed a few changes. Some were good and some were uhm... neutral.

For the latter, I noticed that my cousins who used to be live with my parents are not there anymore. Since their eldest sister Criscel had finished her degree in Criminology and has now actually found a job as a police officer, they moved out and rented a small place downtown. Criscel wants her two sisters to continue college, thus, they looked for a place right across the university. Our place was relatively far from civilization so it was a sound decision. However, I was just sad for my parents since they now have no one to assist them in the house chores, or in manning the sari-sari store. We also used to have an adopted family member, Bryan, who was also very helpful around the house. However, he moved out as well after he finished some short courses on automotives and also on electronics.

*sigh*

So anyway, there were also good changes.


having a blast with the karaoke, with my aunt Berna and her family :-)
First, Papa was able to finish building and renovating a house in our second lot (right behind our house). It was his project, and he worked on it for a few months.

Papa giving me a tour

the house - ready for occupancy
Papa originally planned to sell the two parcels of land that we own (aside from the one where our house is built), especially as my seaman cousin is very interested in building his house near ours. I opposed Papa though. I told him we might be able to make some steady income out of it. And besides, Land continuously appreciates.


Since then, we had been planning on constructing a real estate property that we are going to rent out to interested people. The bigger plan is a multi-storey apartment complex, however, we have no resources (yet!) to build that. So we started off with a small house. I sent papa my savings (which I originally intended to use for my tuition fees... I ended up borrowing money from a friend when the 2nd trimester started). Mama also coughed up huge cash for the electric wirings, et cetera. And now, the house is ready for occupancy. :-)

Papa showing me the toilet

Good ventilation. I won't think twice living here.

one small room, with wooden bed

two ample rooms


Papa happily showing me that the water pipes are working well
Right after I left, Papa called me to update me that they already found a tenant. We were so happy! The monthly rent is Php2,000. Not bad. :-) I believe it's enough to cover for Ma's & Pa's monthly electricity & water expenses.


Another good change is this...

flat screen TV
Actually, it was bittersweet for me. I was glad they had a new TV (the old one, which was not a flat-screen, suddenly stopped working one day). However, I felt a little sad because I had been planning on buying Ma & Pa a flat screen TV (exactly like this one) on Christmas. I was sad because I lost the chance of getting them a flat screen, which I believe would be a good status symbol in our neighborhood. /* Social climber? Haha. */ 

Papa heading back to our house, after giving me the tour

our living room :-)

Anyway, I am glad with the changes at home, and I sincerely hope there will be more good changes to come. I promise to do well in my Masters so I can get meself a high-paying job. That's the only way I can provide better for my parents. :-)

I can do this. KAJA!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger