06 January 2012

BEHIND LIES

I would just like to share with you these two videos of my latest performances. Both of which happened in the same event, Verve 3.


 
VERVE is a dance concert series being staged by the UPLB Street Jazz Dance Company (my college hiphop group). If you’re familiar with other school’s dance concerts, Verve can be likened to UP Manila Indayog’s SAYAW MANILA, UP Streetdance Club’s STREET FUZION, or LaSalle Street Dance Company’s DANZ DISH. I’m sure the Company of Ateneo Dancers also has one but I’m not sure what it’s called.


So anyway, it was our 3rd instalment of Verve and the show was called, VERVE 3: BEHIND LIES. Being an alumnus of the hiphop varisty, I was part of the show (well, mainly as a guest performer), and I got to perform in two numbers.



Here is the first one, where I performed with the COURT 8, a group that we formed when we joined Slimmers World’s Step Up Hiphop Competition.


Dancers:

Nian Magulado, Wrej Manrique, Jude Eco, AJ Tapia, Paulo Marasigan, Nico Bathan, Tin, Ging Baybay, Noel Co, Romina Quiambao, Richard Fesalbon, and VJ Gudoy.

Choreo Credits:

Rolling in the Deep - VJ Gudoy
Dub Step - VJ Gudoy
10 Dollar - Charm Cayetano/Wrej Manrique
Smack the Paparazzi - Noel Co
Everything Tonight / Pon de Floor - Noel Co
Hello Good Morning - VJ Gudoy
Welcome to the Hood - Jude Eco


Now, in this second dance, I was part of Urban Elite.


Dancers:

Erik Javier, Louie Canaria, VJ Gudoy, Noel Co, Mariel Ortega, Lexi Martinez, and Jenny Perdigones

Choreo Credits:

Moment For Life - Louie Canaria
Boogie Police - Louie Canaria (and Erik Javier)
S&M - Louie Canaria
Skip Divided - VJ Gudoy
Strip - Erik Javier

All in all, it was a fun fun night. I’m so glad I got to not just perform, but perform my own dances this time (yay!). Also, I was glad to be able to dance again Erik’s and Louie’s choreographies.
Verve 3 was a success, I believe. BUT, it has a ‘but’. But I am not in the mood really to discuss that right now. I’m just glad I was able to become a part of this show.


========

By the way, my favorite pieces that night were FAMILY PORTRAIT and LE CIRQUE. Both pieces were brainchildren of Fortune Manaig. I’m so proud of this guy. Really. He came a long way. Right after I saw the show, he instantly became one of the very few choreographers that I would speak highly of. To Fortune, if you ever encounter this blog, Congratulations and Best of Luck to your Dancing Career! 

Y’all, I will try my best to secure a copy (or link) of Family Portrait and Le Cirque. Keep posted.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
Powered by Blogger